Wednesday 8 May 2013

Phone Charging Station

I found a good use for a beautiful little slab of Walnut that was pulled out of the "to burn" bin at the wood shop.



For too long my wife was charging her phone on the windowsill, leaving the cord dangling across the wall. It bothered me. All these tools in the garage and she has to use the old windowsill? NOT ON MY WATCH! Plus I have a nice little antique phone box for mine . . ..so I felt a wee bit guilty too.


Perfect Perch


 She always likes the wood scraps I bring home from the wood shop--especially the walnut. So, a little Danish Oil, a special finish and a bit of creative mounting hardware and voila!


Operators are standing by. . . :)

I combined toggle anchors, threaded rod and a few small nuts to allow this shelf to slide out a bit so the lady on the go can take her charger with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment